[TenTec] Omni VI Inrad roofing filter

Paul DeWitte K9OT k9ot at mhtc.net
Wed Jan 12 12:07:13 EST 2005

I also have the new roofing filter in my Omni VI +(CW version). Since the +
has 2 narrow positions, I put 500hz filters in both of them. The roofing
filter engages with N2. I did this so I can make a direct comparison.

I can tell that the roofing filter does get rid of signals off to the side,
but have not had the oportunity to try it in a crowded band yet.

The CQ 160M contest later this month should be a good test. I find no loss
in signal strength when engaging the roofing filter.

The directions are VERY good. Step by step.  So far I think that it is a
winner.

73 Paul K9OT