[TenTec] CW Audio tone... why not use a Binaural CW audio filter?

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at tomorrowsweb.com
Wed Jan 12 21:18:19 EST 2005

About two weeks ago I started a thread on using an external  binaural
audio filter to simulate stereo reception for CW. This was a very simple
project to build and very effective in helping you 'separate' the
signals from one another and especially from background noise... .which
is splint into high and low components which make the nose far less intense.

Sadly I didn't get a whole lot of response on this filter project
suggestion. I suppose the fact that it simply could not be bought
already built was a major issue for most.... but it isn't very hard to
build and the parts are all available at Radio Shack....

Seeing this thread made me think However, those of you who find you
really need specific sidetone frequencies to pull the stations out
comfortably you really consider trying a binaural filter. Remember, you
have to use stereo headphones (or a small stereo amp with speakers)
after all it is binaural.

73,

Jerald, KG6TT