[TenTec] Orion/2000A Arc Fault (was RE:Firmware upgrade andCW/ACOM2000A issue again)

Barry N1EU n1eu at netscape.net
Sun Jan 16 15:49:17 EST 2005

Two comments Dick:

1. SM7YEA's rig is an Omni VI+, not an Orion.  I was in communication with Piotr throughout his troubleshooting work with his Acom amplifier which was a couple of years ago I believe.

2. I think you might have missed my post about my own experience with my 1.372Orion and 2000A.  Removing my Dunestar BCB high pass filter from the line between Orion's output and 2000A input causes consistent ARC Faults.  Installing the filter eliminates all ARC Faults.  I never had a problem with my Orion/2000A setup until I recently incidentally removed the HPF.  Needless to say, I put the HPF back where it was after isolating the problem.

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.