[TenTec] Re: Advantages of computer control

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Tue Jan 25 17:20:23 EST 2005

At 04:04 PM 1/25/05, jerome schatten wrote:
>>Someday we'll be able to work contests without even
>>being in the shack ourselves if current/future
>>technology is any indicator!!!
>
>Now that sounds like 'fun' ham radio to me!
>jerome - va7vv

Are you kidding?  That's like "driving a Formula 1 car at Indy" but being
at home and only thinking about it, (not even watching on TV).... might as
well take a nap and forget it!   :-)

Even contesting in the shack with computer assist is like driving a sports
car with "automatic transmission!"   No REAL feeling of being part of the
process!   :-)

But... to use the old cliche'..."different strokes for different folks."
:-)

Perry    w8au