[TenTec] Omni VI & 960 Power Supply

Tom Lutz telutz at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 18:06:52 EST 2005

I just acquired an Omni VI and the 960 power supply.  The radio does funny
things when using the 960 supply, including the internal power supply
speaker, like rumbling in the speaker during SSB transmit, microphonic cw
notes after using the tune button, etc.  If I use an Astron supply, no
problems.  So, I have deduced that it must be RF getting into the supply and
making the radio do funny things.

Anyone else heard of this?  Is the 960 supply susceptible to this?  What is
the difference between the 960 and the 061/962 supplies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom, W0ZR