[TenTec] Omni VI Pls CW hum

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Thu Jan 27 14:36:31 EST 2005

Jorge,

Since you have made adjustments to PA circuitry, I am guessing that you
hear this hum on your sidetone during transmit? Maybe it is a power
supply problem. Perhaps the filter capacitors are going bad or the diode
bridge has a failed diode. What happens when you transmit at very low
power? Is the amplitude of the hum dependant on the amount of current
being drawn from the power supply? Can you try a different power supply?
How about paralleling a big fat umpteen thousand microfarad capacitor
across the DC power supply line? Does this change anything?

DE N6KB