[TenTec] Attachments (was Re: ORION roofing filter

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 5 15:51:32 EDT 2005

 >Please realize that anyone who reads the TenTec list either by
e-mail DIGEST (such as I do) or via the web archive do not have
access to attachments on messages.  It is not our home system's
fault, nor overzealous security settings at our end.

         In fact, NOBODY can receive attachments
via mailing lists because they are prohibited
and automatically stripped by the list software
(Majordomo, Mailman, etc.)  This is a virus
protection feature of most mailing lists I am
familiar with (I moderate one on contesting.com)
which has nothing to do with anything users can
control.  The best thing users can do is simply
to remember that ALL attachments to mailing lists
are automatically stripped, and not to try sending
them in the first place.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV