[TenTec] Attachments (was Re: ORION roofing filter

Steve Baron - KB3MM SteveBaron at StarLinX.com
Tue Jul 5 12:49:32 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett at alum.mit.edu>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 19:51
Subject: [TenTec] Attachments (was Re: ORION roofing filter

> >Please realize that anyone who reads the TenTec list either by
> e-mail DIGEST (such as I do) or via the web archive do not have
> access to attachments on messages.  It is not our home system's
> fault, nor overzealous security settings at our end.

Understand all of that/  I've been around the block a couple of time Bill.

>          In fact, NOBODY can receive attachments
> via mailing lists because they are prohibited
> and automatically stripped by the list software
> (Majordomo, Mailman, etc.)  This is a virus
> protection feature of most mailing lists I am
> familiar with (I moderate one on contesting.com)
> which has nothing to do with anything users can
> control.  The best thing users can do is simply
> to remember that ALL attachments to mailing lists
> are automatically stripped, and not to try sending
> them in the first place.

OK but My e-mail was addressed to the ham that I was sending it to at
Ameritech.net (?)

It went from my machine to my ISP (small local) then to Ameritech.

I had sent that file(as an attachment) to at least 4 others on that day.

The last time i sent it to the intended recipient it went thru.

It is not uncommon these days for people to 'oversecure' their machines the
Super paranoid run programs to try to protect them selves against the
unknown.