[TenTec] [Orion] Zero Beat CW

Ron ron at morell.us
Wed Jul 6 15:00:38 EDT 2005

Bob,
Been working more with the BIN RX mode and the way it seems to me to work is
the sound travels up in frequency into my left ear until it centers in my
head but when I keep moving up in frequency it just sort of disappears in my
right ear and doesn't make a smooth transition from left to right or right
to left, but it does definitely center in my head at 700 Hz (which is fine
for me), so that is workable.  I definitely like the setup I described at
the beginning of this thread better though and find it to be very flexible
and a good way to use the features of the ORION receivers and audio modes.
The real good news is that when I switch to BIN RX mode and the left and
right speakers move to MAIN or SUB as was chosen in BIN RX, when I turn BIN
RX off the speaker setup is restored as before turning it on.  Now that is
good software planning, in my opinion.  73
Ron
KA7U