[TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jul 20 16:38:30 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 01:19:26PM -0700, NJ0IP wrote:

> Ten-Tec should cancel the O2, continue selling O1, and never make another
> new radio again. ;-))

Actually they had no choice. The main processor was discontinued. If
they did not come out with a new radio they would have had to stop
selling Orions.

Since they had to do a redesign to accomodate the new chip, it does seem
like the perfect time to add all of those features that everyone asked
for.

Hopefully I'll be lucky and when I start working again and pay off my debts,
the O2 will have driven down the price of the older rigs and I'll be able
to buy a Corsair II.

Why a CII? I am one of the few people that believe that nothing tunes SSB
better than a PTO. Hopefully I'll stay in the minority. :-)

73, Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily. Looking for work as a CTO or consultant in
handheld gaming, large systems development, handheld device construction, etc.
Support amateur (ham) radio, boycott Google!!!