[TenTec] Orion 2 - some thoughts

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Wed Jul 20 20:22:58 EDT 2005

Remember, the processor in the Orion has been obsoleted.  That's not
Tentec's fault as I see it.  After all it (the processor has only been on
the market for 3 years or so) is therefore "old" by today's standards.

So, what's left?  New design, new circuit boards, new processor
architecture.  Nothing new here, all the companies do it that way.  Remember
the most popular radio on the market today? IC-706, IC-706 Mk I, IC-706 Mk
II, IC-706 Mk III just to name a few. Oh, they just happen to be from the
same company but yet it didn't seem to deter their popularity did it.

At least they V2.0 will function as an upgrade the original Orion so all
isn't lost.

I'll bet "wahh wahh wahh" is all we'll hear for the next few months.

73
Bob, K4TAX