[TenTec] Orion 1 / Orion 2

Leo Bricker texasexpediter at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 23:20:36 EDT 2005

Having just achieved Tech and begun studying for general it's a while
yet until I can consider a rig as nice as an Orion X. I really enjoy
viewing the forum and learning things from it. As far as the Orion goes
it amazes me how bent out of shape some people are about the new Orion.
The implication is that TT should have stopped development of any new
radios and forever stayed with the Orion 1 and it's current stable
mates. One would think there was a switch in place to cause all Orion 1
units to stop operating when the Orion 2 debuts.

It would seem that everyone knew the screen wasn't color when they
bought their Orion. It would seem everyone knew there wasn't an 8 pin
mic connector when they bought their Orion. It would seem likely not a
single purchaser was held at gunpoint and forced to buy their Orion.
Things change. It's generally called progress. Be thankful the company
is progressing. Be thankful there will be newer and better radios
periodically appearing. Be thankful the company is doing well and
staying in business. Be thankful you have the opportunity to have a
radio as nice as the Orion 1. There are many far less fortunate than
the complainers here. Be thankful you are as fortunate as you are and
take that mirror out from in front of your faces and enjoy what you
have.

Leo
truck 4958
73 KE5FJG

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.