[TenTec] Re (Ten Tec) (ot) FCC says CW dead?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jul 21 23:28:04 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:05:53PM -0400, Carl Moreschi wrote:
> There's nothing that says CW is going away.  It is just no longer going to
> be required to have a license.  Anyone that gets a license will truely be
> missing something if they never learn and operate CW.

But could you please miss it somewhere else? There are lots of places
where discussions about CW testing are encouraged, this should not
be one of them.

Why? Quite simply I am on this list to find out about Ten-Tec gear and
be in touch with other Ten-Tec users. If I wanted to be on a mailing
list that discussed politics I would subscribe to it.

Speaking of politics, I am really disapointed with the people on this
list. While I have gotten a handful of email about it, I often feel like
I'm the only person who cares that Google has invested lots of money in
BPL. They are one of three companies that gave a BPL company $100,000,000.
(for those that have trouble counting that high, it's ONE HUNDRED MILLION
DOLLARS)

With that kind of money, there is a good chance that they will succeed and
you can have your $5,000 Ten-Tec rigs and CW tests but all you will hear
on the air is buzzz-buzz-buzz.

73,

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
VoN  Skype: mendelsonfamily. Looking for work as a CTO or consultant in
handheld gaming, large systems development, handheld device construction, etc.
Support amateur (ham) radio, boycott Google!!!