[TenTec] Orion - Lemons to Lemonade

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 22 08:05:42 EDT 2005

N3OWJ/4X1GM wrote:

 >Time to put your money where you mouth is. If there is enough demand,
INRAD and others will do a production run of the correct filters.

         Be my guest Geoff!  I already did this once 1.5 years
ago and the Inrad 762 was the result:

                 http://users.vnet.net/btippett/inrad_.htm

You can order a special version of Inrad's 350 filter here
(minimum quantity of 10):

                 http://www.qth.com/inrad/exp_filt.htm

It would need to be centered on 9.000750 MHz to do what
W9OY described.  You would also need to contact Inrad
about a 300 Hz BW version in addition to the 600 Hz.

         I believe Ten-Tec will make this much easier to do
if we are just patient.  If not, then contact Inrad and
do it yourself.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV