[TenTec] O2

Michael Hunt ms1hunt at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 08:54:38 EDT 2005

Tentec's public relations has not been it's strong suit.  At this time no
other company offers and happily supports a 30 period return policy.  All of
you Orion owners had the same opportunity I did.  I received my Orion in May
of 03 after waiting and been promised that it would be shipped before
November of 02.  I was very annoyed that TT was not able to meet their
announced shipping date.  Then in May when my Orion did arrive it crashed
after less than 24 hours and half a dozen qso's.  After speaking with the TT
service dept. I was told my radio had suffered a catastrophic failure.  I
returned the radio and was given a full refund.   What more could I ask?
What more could you ask?

Sadly, all this belly-aching sounds like a bunch of babies.  TT produced a
great radio in the Orion, a cutting edge radio.  It wasn't perfect and every
buyer out there had 30 days to return it.  If you didn't return it, you have
no one to blame but yourself.  Maybe that's why there's so much crying going
on.  At any rate, suck-it-up, let it go and get on with life.  If you don't
want to support TT don't!  In my estimation and knowledge, the company
hasn't done anything worthy of a lawsuit and they have put forth an obvious
effort to make good on every feature advertised.  If the rig didn't function
as you thought it should, you had 30 days to return it for a full refund.
TRY RETURNING A YAECOMWOOD AFTER A 3 WEEK PERIOD AND SEE HOW FAR YOU GET.

Please, Please be grown-up, adult.  Maybe you spent more than you should
have on this radio.  Shame on you.  If your Orion purchase didn't represent
disposable monies, then you shouldn't have bought it.  Next time stay well
within your budget and you won't be so emotional about the outcome of a
purchase.  The Orion still represents new technology, it you want something
more predictable buy used gear.  By the way, if you purchase TT gear you can
still get it serviced by the company who designed and built it.  Try sending
a 20 year old radio back to YAECOMWOOD and see what the factory says.

I admit I was "upset" and "over-reacted" when my Orion had problems.  Isn't
the majority of what we're seeing here the out-poring of a bunch of
emotional men(?) over-reacting to the imperfections of their favorite toy?
Hasn't TT really proven that they appreciate our business and want our
loyalty by offering a 30 day return policy (unheard of in the industry) and
continuing to make Herculean effort to keep our older TT rigs in top
condition?

In perspective, our young men and women are on foreign soil giving their
lives to secure our country's presence in the world.  Many in our ham
fraternity have lost sons and daughters to this effort.  We make ourselves
look ridiculous by over-reacting to a change that has been adequately
expressed and necessary and beneficial.  I have great pride in all the good
our amateur radio interests have accomplished.  Let's keep the big picture
in front of us.

TenTec, you knew there would be some negative reaction, I hope you know and
remember (beyond the business of radio) that there are many who appreciate
your extraordinary efforts to preserve our American heritage of MADE IN THE
USA!

Yes; I've been a critic at times but enough is enough, talk of law suits is
beyond extreme in this venue.  Don't anyone ever think you'll have anything
but my highest disdain and contempt for such maniacal ravings!

Ours is a great and very rewarding hobby.  It offers a wonderful service in
times of disaster, in the past our government has expressed high regard for
our opinions concerning issues relating to Amateur Radios' contributions.
Let's all find a higher purpose for fun!  Let's work to preserve our
heritage by helping the new hams discover the ease with which they can
master the art of CW communications.  Let's give as we have received and
pass it back.

I could say more but I've probably said too much.

Best Regards,
Michael