[TenTec] 30 day policy

Joseph Trombino Jr w2kj at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 24 12:05:18 EDT 2005

Hmmmm.....let's see....I purchased a new Jupiter and decided it wasn't the
radio for me so I returned it within the 30 day period and Ten Tec gave me
full credit toward the purchase of an new Orion.

The Orion had several problems and I sent it to Ten Tec for warranty repair.
They returned the Orion and some problems were fixed but others had cropped
up...just a real weird radio, I mean really weird.

I asked them if I had spent $3400 on a crazy radio that could not be
fixed.....and guess what Ten Tec did.......they sent me a BRAND NEW
ORION!!!!

Can you imagine YAECOMMWOOD doing that?????

My second Orion arrived in early 2004 and has played beautifully every
second since....just a great radio.

If this isn't an example of superb customer support I can't imagine what is.

I'll stick with the Orion I.....I don't need a fancy new color screen or any
additional bells and whistles that will cost me several hundred dollars
more....perhaps if I were a heavy duty contester with a large antenna farm I
might, but I am far from that so my Orion I will do just fine for me.

Now if Ten Tec could build a transceiver with a single Orion receiver and
dual VFO's for $2500 I bet it would be a great seller.

                                    73, Joe W2KJ
                                    very satisfied Orion I owner