[TenTec] Fw: Troubleshooting an OMNI D

Mike Hyder -N4NT- n4nt_m_o_hyder at charter.net
Mon Jul 25 16:00:28 EDT 2005

Forwarded per request...

Mike N4NT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <n4nt_m_o_hyder at charter.net>
To: "Patti" <pthielking at earthlink.net>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Troubleshooting an OMNI D

Hi, Eric--

There are two diodes on the PA board, I think, that generate the ALC
voltage.  Without that voltage, the PA will often go into oscillation.
These diodes are probably bad and need to be replaced.

While in there, I suggest replacing the two diodes that generate the SWR
voltage.  That makes four diodes but for some reason I think there may be
five that you can replace while in there.  Anyway, diodes are cheap so get
them all at one time!

73, Mike N4NT