[TenTec] digital triton IV qsk issue

Mark Choate aa0yy at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 6 09:24:52 EST 2005

I have owned both an analog triton and a digital one now. the digital units qsk is by far slower than the analog. can anyone tell me if there is an adjustment I can tweak to improve the qsk rx recovery speed? possibly speed up the agc ???

I have tried adjusting R12 on the OT-TR 80281 board,  ( page 3-37 in the owners manual, 4th paragraph, "drop-out delay time" whatever that means )  but this didn't produce the desired effect. Not certain what the purpose of the R12 adjustment really is for either so if someone wants to explain its purpose just to educate me I would appreciate it. I did return the R12 to its original setting.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance,
Mark Choate
AAØYY