[TenTec] digital triton IV qsk issue

Mike Hyder -N4NT- mike.hyder.n4nt at charter.net
Sun Mar 6 17:03:22 EST 2005

Hi, Mark--

I've never compared the analog with the digital but for me the digital was
just fine for QSK.  Maybe I'm not a purist?

About that "drop out delay time" adjustment:  the rigs have a larger relay
that does not follow the keying.  It pulls in when the rig first goes to
transmit, either on voice or CW and stays closed until the "drop out delay
time" has elapsed.  The circuit was designed either to key an amplifier's
relay or to turn on an "ON THE AIR" sign.  It has nothing to do with QSK.

73, Mike N4NT