[TenTec] Omni-D ALC light

Byron J Watts bjw at byron.com
Thu Mar 17 15:57:03 EST 2005

it depends on battery voltage, like i said it's a car battery, if it's
fully charged and i go from just barley into the ALC blink to the level
i described, the average power readout goes up a good 40W almost enough
to notice at the other end (from 50w average to 90w average) like a big
fat speech compressor which is essentially what it's doing, but at the
RF level. (i think?) also the peak seems to go up to about 125w which
i'm sure is my average reading wattmeter, not an actual increase in peak
power.

Byron