[TenTec] Corsair sidetone?

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Sun Mar 20 16:12:23 EST 2005

Perry:
You must have a special Corsair 2. I thought they all had buzzsawtooth
sidetones. The original Corsair was easy to modify. They "Spot tone" was a
true sine wave. All you do is exchange it for the sidetone. This proves that
even in the TT stone age, they knew how to make a sine wave generator but
for some reason felt that cw ops should be enjoying a buzzer for sidetone.
One fellow explained to me that TT believed the buzz was a better monitor
because of the "fast rise time" of a sawtooth vs. sine wave. Weird! 73
Steve Ellington
N4LQ at iglou.com