[TenTec] Rig changes

Ben K8DIT benk8dit at callatg.com
Wed Mar 23 00:55:06 EST 2005

If once you have the Jupiter you are plagued with BCB front end overload,
simply place a high pass filter ahead of the transciever. I use an ICE 402X,
there are others, or, build one to suit if you are so inclined. I too like
the Omni D and the Omni VI for their featureful design. I also like  the
Scout.
The only other transciever I use the high pass BCB filter is with the Scout
on 160, where w/o it
there resides a cacaphony of mixer products that overload the front end when
I use my L network tuned inverted-L as the antenna of choice. With the high
pass filter, no overload and no mixer products reach the reciever.
Simply, if there is front end energy on any band that overloads it, the
reciever is compromised.
Removing that spike of rf energy by attenuating it allowing the very fine
design elements of the Jupiter to function normally. +