[TenTec] We need a ten-tec to compete with Icom 706 MKIIG

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 28 01:01:25 EST 2005

Well, I've driven over 100,000 miles with my 706MkII in the truck (no G) and
it's a good little CW rig. Sure, they could have done better than 2A on rx
and made it so the note didn't go to rat excrement at 12.4 volts, but so
what?  Leo's battery booster takes care of the note. and my solar panel
takes care of the draw.. What could have TT added but their legendary full
QSK which, in my view, would drive you nuts operating mobile?  No sense
going where there's no need.

I agree with Don, TT should shoot at elephants not ants.

Best,
jerome - va7vv