[TenTec] Rig Changes

John Rippey jrippey at 3n.net
Mon Mar 28 10:34:14 EST 2005

I cannot critique anything that Stan Brock and others have noted about the
performance capabilities of the OMNI C and OMNI VI+. However, I would add
that IMHO the only reasons to forego using either of these transceivers
would be (a) to obtain dual receive functionality, in which case the Jupiter
does not qualify, or (b) for better SSB audio, in which case reportedly the
Jupiter does.

The OMNI VI can be fitted with narrower CW "roofing" filters, (thus
competitive with anything on the market) should that mod seem desirable.

73,
John, W3ULS