[TenTec] K4DPK VFO Stabilizer

Lyle Dunlap lyle3dd at grics.net
Sun May 1 07:48:43 EDT 2005

Hi Larry,

Just noticed your query regarding the stabilizing kit of K4DPK.  I see Tommy
has replied.  I concur with what he told you.  (put it in a Corsair II) .
Prior to putting in the Kit this particular Corsair had a really bad VFO.
No fault of Ten Tec it just needed worked on.  Even if left run for days it
would drift a little.  Fellows I talk to use very narrow filters and they
always complained about my going off QRG.  The kit took care of all that.

Now I would like to add that K4DPK also has out a little circuitry or maybe
he is putting it in a kit form, discuss this with him.  Anyway this allows
you to do a little PB tuning.  Get close to freq and then by hitting an UP
or DOWN button you can move just a few Hz.  I would go with that as well.
Had some health problems here and  it it has delayed me from mentioning
about this PB tuning on the reflector.

Lyle  W9FCX