[TenTec] TT 540 (Using Mike thru power supply vs rear of radio)

Mike Hyder -N4NT- mike.hyder.n4nt at charter.net
Mon May 9 13:51:11 EDT 2005

Better men than we have gone quite mad searching for a solution to your
problem.  One thing I tried was making sure that the microphone's ground
never came in contact with the power supply's cabinetry.  One would need an
insulated jack for the microphone input and to see that the output was not
connected to the cabinet.

I tried many other things, going so far as getting a hand-drawn sheet from
Ten-Tec service telling me things to try.

Ultimately, conversations with the hams at Ten-Tec convinced me that the
262G supply's VOX was not designed to operate in an RF environment.  Now if
I wanted to use VOX, I'd just turn down the drive and solve the problem that
way.

73, Mike N4NT