[TenTec] Orion TX Audio Settings

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu May 12 16:17:13 EDT 2005

Well, it depends on your mic and your voice.

I normally keep my TX EQ at between -14 to -18.  Way too bassy with TX EQ at
0.  SSB bandwidth settings vary by mode (SSB, AM).  If the band isn't
crowded or I'm on AM I leave it at 50/3900.  Otherwise at maybe 150/3000.
And then there are the 60M rules, etc.

The same values work whether I'm using a Studio One through the mic
connector or an EV RE-20 and audio rack through the AUX port.

Audio reports are always good, especially wide open.  It's pretty easy to
judge for yourself using the MON function.

Grant/NQ5T