[TenTec] alternate source of TT service??

k7gt@charter.net k7gt at charter.net
Fri May 13 09:36:39 EDT 2005

Folks of the reflector,

I have found that my OmniVI is still having a freq
wandering/shift on 30m (only, I believe). I am reluctant
to attempt any work of that sort on it myself...my last
such attempt (put the QSK loop connections in a Corsair II)
lead to a $175 repair bill+shipping at Sevierville! In
particular, I am looking for a savvy individual with OmniVIs or an independent shop ON THE WEST COAST. Sending gear to  Sevierville takes 8 days each way at about $40 a leg and TT service prioritized current gear ahead of 'classic' gear so that turnaround is upwards of two months. I am notfaulting TT in any way but rather facing the reality here on the Pacific side of things.

Any viable suggestions?

PLEASE, I DO NOT WISH TO START A THREAD ON TT SERVICE ! ! !

Allan K7GT

SW Oregon   halfway between Seattle and SF Bay area on I-5.