[TenTec] Assistance needed

Francis Sanita fsanita at cfl.rr.com
Sun Nov 6 13:40:01 EST 2005

I just received my first TenTec - a Jupiter. I need advice for hooking up for Digital Modes and rig control. I have a Laptop with one serial port, a RigBlaster Pro ( jumpers wired as per Rigblaster # 9 -RXD & TXD schematic) and use MixW, and have downloaded Pegasus.I have my computer serial port hooked to serial port A on the Rigblaster and Jupiter's external speaker hooked to audio in on Rigblaster( computer & Rigblaster hooked - Line In - Line Out) and PSK works.I would like to operate digital modes with Pegasus mode and with the MixW program.
    1 - What would be the correct hook up of the Jupiter ACC 1 Jack in working with RigBlaster, Pegasus and rig control?
    2 - Do I leave my computer hooked up to Rigblaster serial port A and connect Rigblaster serial port B to the Jupiter RS- 232 port with a DB-9 cable or do I need another serial port from my computer?
    3 - Is there any  configuration changes needed with the  MixW program?

Problem: when I did step # 2 ( Rigblaster serial A hooked to computer and Rigblaster serial B hooked to Jupiter) and opened Pegasus emulation with the MixW running my Jupiter went to constant TX and no controls in Pegasus worked. I never did step # 1or anything to step # 3.

I would appreciate any assistance and can provide any further information needed. I can also be contacted direct.

 Frank Sanita KI4KTB
 fsanita at cfl.rr.com