[TenTec] Paragon on RTTY

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Wed Nov 9 19:55:57 EST 2005

I use FSK with my Paragon and a Kantronics KAM. It works fine. To go to
the RTTY mode, press SHIFT then CW. This should give the proper offsets.
I run with the PBT centered with  all filters except the 1.8 kHz. If you
need to offset the RIT or PBT, check the frequencies of the carrier/BFO
oscillators. They can change with crystal and trimmer capacitor aging. I
found that I had to shoot the trimmer caps with contact cleaner because
some had become unstable. I had the same thing with my Icom R-71A.

With the Paragon, I can even copy RTTY with the .25 kHz filter.

				73,

				Bob WB2VUF