[TenTec] Paragon on RTTY

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 23:11:03 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am curious about this statement:

>Interestingly, Stan at Ten Tec was reading the list and also replied moments
>ago. He said that the Paragon can not receive true FSK and that using the
>offset is a requirement.

 I understand that "True FSK" transmit capability refers to either
frequency shift keying a single oscillator, or switching between two
oscillators in RF stages (such as BFO oscillators, or shifting the VFO)
as opposed to using audio tones into a SSB transmitter.

What is "True FSK" receive? Using a discriminator in the IF instead of
using audio tone detectors or an audio discriminator circuit? Or would
it be two detectors each with their own narrow IF filter? Is using an
audio tone demodulator NOT true FSK receiving?

DE N6KB