[TenTec] OT: RCS-4 Remote Antenna Switch

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Nov 20 12:21:08 EST 2005

I have installed an Ameritron RCS-4 remote coax switch fed by 28m of coax.

It is not functioning properly.

It seemed to work OK during the day when the temperature was about +2
degrees, but tonight when it is -3 degrees, it is not switching.

When I shut down the power, it turns all antennas off.

When I switch on the power, it selects antenna #2 with the switch in
position 1 or 2, and no antenna with the switch in position 3 or 4.

So my question is, has anyone used this box and did you have any temperature
problems?

There are no logic chips inside the remote box - only diodes, relays, Elkos
and C's.

Any ideas?

(Otherwise I'll have to use a manual switch and I'm going to be running back
and forth between the shack and the switch more than I'm operating!)

73

Rick