[TenTec] Orion Hardware NB bug from N6BV

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 21 14:38:33 EST 2005

Just noticed the following in N6BV's Sweepstakes writeup:

"I discovered that the "Hardware NB" (noise blanker) in the Orion doesn't
actually shut off when the front-panel button say "off" -- I discovered this
about 5 hours into the contest when I had to put 18 dB of attenuation in the
front end to prevent terrible buckshot noise. Turning the Hardware NB off from
the receiver menu cured that problem. Otherwise, the Orion performed
beautifully. It's a keeper."

Not sure which firmware rev Dean was using but I suspect 1.372.

73,  Bill