[TenTec] Banana boat swing

ron roncasa at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 11:11:51 EST 2005

Hello Bill
like you, Qrp ops use skill, not power! (smile)
I use the TT 1340 and the 516 (currently building 1320) and find that
some ops don't listen. Maybe they are looking for a arm chair copy,
instead of that weaker but copyable signal.
One S-unit by meter is 6db increase or decrease in signal strength.
Power must be increased 4 times to receive an increase of one s-unit.
Thats a lot more power to only receive one s-unit better.

Ron wb1hga
"QRP, we do more with less" (smile)

Bill Tippett wrote:
> K9WWT wrote: