[TenTec] Banana boat swing

RaySoifer@cs.com RaySoifer at cs.com
Tue Nov 22 10:58:24 EST 2005

I haven't had as much experience on 160 as Bill but I did, however, spend 10
years on 2-meter EME, digging weak CW signals out of the noise before the days
of WSJT, and could not agree more that well-sent code, at a speed appropriate
for the conditions, is essential to good copy at the other end.

Most of us, me included, need a keyer of some sort to send really good code
for weak-signal applications, but when signals are stronger I see nothing wrong
with using a bug or straight key if properly adjusted and operated.  That's
the key (sorry for the bad pun).  A good fist, whether with a straight key or
bug, is still a thing of beauty to this OT.

As for keyboards, I've never been any good with them, but for those who are,
go to it!  I have absolutely no interest, however, in working people who need
a computer to copy my CW.  If you want to use a computer, let me know and I'll
be happy to meet you on RTTY!

73,

Ray W2RS