[TenTec] paragon audio noise in trasmission

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Thu Sep 8 16:32:54 EDT 2005

Luca:

Check to see that you are getting a mute voltage transition at connector 44
pin 2 on the IF/AF board. If so then most likely Q12 has failed or D9 is
shorted thus not allowing muting of the audio output stage U10.   Input
audio to U1 is supplied via pin 3 of connector 55 and is muted by Q12
conducting to ground.

Before you dig too deep be sure all the connectors are well seated.  It
wouldn't hurt to carefully unplug connector 44, 48, 55 and 50 and then
reconnect just in case there is a dirty contact on the mute or ground lines
to the AF/IF board.  The current levels are very low  in this circuit and
thus not enough voltage to create a "punch" through on an oxidized
connector.

73
Bob, K4TAX