[TenTec] Orion II ad in QST

Eric F. Richards efricha at dim.com
Sun Sep 18 11:57:39 EDT 2005

I'm risking my butt by stepping into this one, but, what the hey...

Am I understanding this right?  People are getting upset because the
ad is showing something that isn't an Orion II?  Take another look at
the pic -- it's an IDEA, not a pic of the orion.  The peeling back of
the monochrome display to see a color one coming out...  It isn't a
picture of the finished radio!

This is just no different from the old Enterprise Car ads where the
car is driven to your house wrapped in brown paper and string -- do
you guys complain that 1) it's unsafe to drive a car wrapped in brown
paper or 2) you didn't get your car from Enterprise wrapped in brown
paper??

Geez -- someone used a little imagination in creating an artsey ad, and
you guys can't follow it??  RELAX!  There will be pictures of the Orion II
a-plenty coming out after this.

I can't help but wonder what sort of head scratching this discussion
has provoked over at T-T...

(Okay, I'm done ranting... back to rational discussion mode...)

Eric, KB0YDN