[TenTec] Omni VI with option 3 info needed

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 12:26:59 EDT 2005

I read in one of the posts on this topic something about sticking a Plus
label on the front panel of an Omni VI option 3.   People are free to stick
anything they want on their equipment.  However, if anyone sticks a Plus
label on the f.p. of an Omni VI opt. 3 and sells it to someone as a VI+ then
they are in my opinion, engaging  in fraud.   An Omni VI opt. 3 is an Omni
VI opt.3.  It is NOT an Omni VI PLUS.  There are differences, such that Ten
Tec sells them used with prices differing by several hundred dollars.

For a cataloging of the differences, see David Hammond's post from Sept.
2002:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2002-09/msg00277.html

It has been awhile since this came up, and because there may be people new
to the reflector on board, I think they should be alerted to this issue as
they may be considering the purchase of an Omni VI.

rob/k5uj