[TenTec] RF in headphone cables

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Fri Apr 7 19:40:13 EDT 2006

John,
        Yes, I had the same problem on my Orion I (updated at TT) before
the update was done.  It only occurred when I ran 1 KW into my G5RV Jr
which is only about 15' above the operating position (a power level I
rarely run).  I have not seen the problem with the updated Orion.  The
front panel CW key connector, which I connect thru a 6' cable to a
footswitch, had some RF sensitivity in this same environment, but a bead
cured that.  I have had similar problems with some earlier Kenwood rigs,
and one ICOM.

        73,  Duane