[TenTec] Being a Contrarian....

OE3ZK Gert oe3zk at aon.at
Tue Aug 1 12:23:06 EDT 2006

I am watching the discussion about the ORION-I & -II firmware problems for a few years in this group.

Is it really so hard to write stable code for a "well designed" radio?

I am also comparing to the complaints of IC-7800 and FT-dx9000 users.

It seems to me that good code can be written - see the IC-7800 ! A ISO-9000 certified process like the IC-7800 project is costly but it seems to pay off long term.

73
Gert, OE3ZK

P.S.: I primarily do not judge "good" radios by "numbers" given in the test reviews.....Lab testing does not find all the problems...