[TenTec] Being a Contrarian...."

CATFISHTWO at aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 14:20:43 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/1/2006 7:23:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  K4IA at aol.com
writes:

Wouldn't  it be nice to have several stable software versions to choose
from?
Fix the instability problems in ver 1.371 without changing the NR   for
instance.

Just like one could choose to use Word or  WordPerfect, one could  choose a
software system optimized for SSB or  CW.    Now, that  would be  unbeatable.

and so on, bla, bla bla.  we have been beating this horse to  death.

I remember the wishes of the masses here on the reflector saying when are
they going to update the O1 software, when is ver 2.xxx coming out please give
us a target date. so they did.  the date came and went and they said soon,
and the masses said NOW  we will live with it. and they said just a little
while longer and the masses said NOW  so they released the code to the  masses and
the masses said "WHY DID YOU RELEASE THIS EARLY, IT HAS BUGS IN  IT".

SO YOU ARE WRONG IF YOU DO AND WRONG IF YOU DON'T. I don't envy TT for  their
position, we want it now and we want it right and perhaps they are not
mutually compatible.??

Just my opinion, YMMV

tom N6AJR