[TenTec] On being a contrarian

M. P. Haynes k4beh at juno.com
Wed Aug 2 09:27:06 EDT 2006

Geoff,

I think it was the Delta II.  They didn't know how to use the Jones
filter properly (i.e. adjust the bandpass slightly to center the signal
in the filter bandpass on USB,LSB and CW.  And also accept that the gain
through the Jones filter naturally drops as you close it down.)  I have
both the original Paragon and the Delta II and find their performance is
pretty equal in casual operating.  Also the backlighting is dim compared
to other rigs making the screen harder to read in adverse lighting
conditions.

Pat-K4BEH