[TenTec] Yep -- Omni VII

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Aug 3 14:57:31 EDT 2006

Yes, very interesting!

I've felt for quite some time that Ten-Tec was missing a niche by not having a rig in the $2K vicinity.

Based on this announcement, I not only suspect that this is it... but that the days of the current Jupiter are numbered.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the next Jupiter or equivalent (sorry, I just can't associate the number "2" with that name, it tends to make me feel lost and a bit space-d out, with a feeling of danger...) comes along in not too much of awhile afterwards.  Now if I were asked (which I haven't been, although I've mentioned this to Scott in the past), I'd take the current Argonaut V, add a 100 W brick on the back and some other small upgrades, and put that in the place of the current J.  (And in all fairness, I'd suggested that the J2 get beefed up and moved into the slot that the Omni VII seems destined for).

Interesting times!

73, ron w3wn