[TenTec] Voltage booster for Scout (and other portable radios)

ARDUJENSKI at aol.com ARDUJENSKI at aol.com
Thu Aug 3 18:01:32 EDT 2006

I was concerned with the lower voltage affect on the Scout performance so
looked into building a voltage booster that would keep the voltage of the supply
 battery over 13vdc.

QST November, 2004, p.37 by Daniel R. Kemppainen, N8XJK
A  dc-dc boost switching converter is the answer to low voltage battery
problems  for mobile, portable or emergency-power operation.

_http://www.farcircuits.net/boosterreg.pdf_
(http://www.farcircuits.net/boosterreg.pdf)

_http://stores.tgelectronics.org/cataloglist.html_
(http://stores.tgelectronics.org/cataloglist.html)

I found this on the internet where you can buy one already constructed. I
have only run it a few hours but seems to be performing as designed.

_http://stores.tgelectronics.org/default.htm_
(http://stores.tgelectronics.org/default.htm)

Just thought I would pass along for general information

Alan  KB7MBI
Woodinville, WA