[TenTec] New OMNI VII

Travis Martin AccurateService at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 4 18:40:55 EDT 2006

I don't really think I'd be interested in controlling the Omni VII from
a computer via IP; if you're going to do that, why not just send a @$$%
email? It ain't ham radio ennymore!

But what I could probably get to liking a lot would be nearly the same
thing...how about a detachable faceplate that connected to the "box"
via ethernet? Now I am actually handling a hardware radio from
wherever. Twould be great for a mobile installation with the "box" in
the trunk. Or weatherproof the "box" and put it on the tower with an
extremely short feedline. Or control it from across town...but you're
still physically turning knobs and pushing buttons.

Build it like that and I'm in.

Travis N5AY