[TenTec] On being a satisified customer

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 5 07:19:38 EDT 2006

W4BQF:
 >Having used the Omni 6, and now two Omni 6 Plus rigs since 1992, I'm
sitting here trying to recall if there is ANYTHING to gripe about
with these radios!!

         The only thing that kept me from an Omni
is that 400 Hz is the lowest CW Pitch frequency.  That
stopped me from buying one when they first came out
years ago.  I seldom go above 400 Hz Pitch and normally
prefer 250-300 Hz...450 max in contests only (to catch
off-frequency callers).

         Orion is the first rig since my TS-930S that
allows going below 300 Hz Pitch.  I used a FT-1000MP
for several years but it stopped at 300 Hz.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV