[TenTec] Yep -- Omni VII

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 5 11:19:01 EDT 2006

N9DG:
 >I'm 98% sure in the 455 kHz IF. The IF scheme from what I can
tell is very close to the Pegasus/Jupiter with 45 MHz 1st IF
and ~455 kHz second IF. Putting the improved filtering in
those two spots will improve two areas of weakness in the
RX320/350, Pegasus, Jupiter, Argonaut V and Orion sub rx.

         I agree but am left wondering why this is
not called a Jupiter II rather than an Omni VII?  Perhaps
marketing reasons.  Here's my guess about the IF scheme:

1st IF:  45 MHz with 20 kHz and (hopefully?) 6 kHz roofing
2nd IF:  455 kHz with ? standard and optional 2.5k, 500, 300 Hz
3rd IF:  XX kHz DSP

I could be wrong about the 6 kHz roofing at 45 MHz...it
could be at 455 kHz instead.  If so, it will only have
mediocre front-end performance (similar to Pro 3, etc).
Should the latter turn out to be true, expect Inrad to
offer a 4-5 kHz roofer at 45 MHz in the blink of an eye!

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV