[TenTec] SORRY I JUST CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!!

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Mon Aug 7 23:49:00 EDT 2006

At 09:30 PM 9/6/06, Larry Menzel wrote:
>What?
>And what's with the caps?
>Wierd.

Aw, C'mon Larry:

Anyone familiar with WU telegrams, Military messages, AP and UPI
teletype news, etc knows that they were all done in CAPS.  Saved
using the "shift" key, and lower case was not necessary for message content.

In fact, Communications typewriters and all 5-level Baudot code TTY
machines were CAPS ONLY!

The "shouting" idea is a new one originated basically by the Email
generation without a knowledge of communications formats.

Hope I didn't "date" you....  :-)

Perry  w8au