[TenTec] OMNI D?

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 15 11:13:57 EST 2006

I have the opportunity to own a TenTec Omni D.

I see there was an A B C series, I guess this meant they were updated along the way as the years went by and improvements were made
in technology or major manufacturer flupas were corrected.

I have never owned a TenTec, but hear they are good for only CW.

I know they are older radios (no DSP or late development technology), so not sure if it would be worth the trade and this one I am
told is "Cosmetically Challenged", which means it probably is in pretty bad shape, but he says it "works great".

I did a little research and it seems there is a balance between people who either love them or hate them also heard that TenTec will
refurbish it if I send it to them.

I like to have my equipment in tip top shape inside and out.

If I decide to trade does anyone know if they will refurbish it, or am I wasting my time and trade equity on a piece of old junk?

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
Old calls: WY5L/KH3-KE5CTY-N5IET