[TenTec] Three final Ten-Tec Triton IV mods & info docs available

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at arrl.net
Thu Dec 21 14:50:39 EST 2006

Not sure why, but I was in a mod to retype the remaining Ten-Tec mods
that I had on file. If any of these would be useful to you... mostly if
you have a pre 1400 serial number Triton IV... then send me an email OFF
reflector.

- TEN-TEC Early S.N. Triton IV Modifications
- TEN-TEC Improving the TRITON IV's Receiver Dynamic Range
- TEN-TEC Triton IV Service Note SN-1-540 Mods and Interconnecting
Accessories

These are all in compressed Microsoft Word format. (I didn't send a lot
of time proof reading)

Why did I bother? Well I happen to think that the Triton IV was (and is)
one of the best transceivers ever produced by Ten-Tec... and despite the
fact that they only have 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10-meters (160 with an
optional accessory) they remain one of my favorites. I owned my first in
1976 and I use my current Triton IV almost every day even though I also
have an Orion, Corsair II, Omni-C (my next favorite), Argosy, Scout, and
a Century 22.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT

--